GSK Reference Manual
Core Library Support
Lightweight Hookable Events
- a blockable, optionally shutdown-able, trap-able structure inside a GObject.
- Perform general initialization with limited argument parsing.
- Various macros to eliminate tedious typing, beyond those provided by glib.
Base Input/Output Object
- A base class with input and output triggers, but no actual read or write methods. Those are left for derived classes to support.
Binary Input/Output Stream Base
- A byte stream. This has methods to read and write data, and it inherits read/write notification from GskStream.
- Connection between the input of one stream and the output of another.
Main Loop (Generic Event Management)
- Convenient way to be notified when certain types of event occur.
Socket Address Lookup by Name
- A way to lookup addresses from names. (Like a generic DNS.)
- some types useful to servers
- a fast, flexible in-memory data buffer
Old-Fashioned errno Handling
- A few tricks which operate on the same type as errno, an int.
- An exhaustive composite list of error codes.
Trivial Main Functions.
- These are trivial interfaces to the main-loop.
Glib Helper Routines
- Miscellaneous helper routines that could conceivably be moved to glib someday.
- base class for datagram I/O classes
- A binary data packet.
Listening for Connections
- Base class for server-type objects.
- Create a GskStream which is connecting to a remote address.
- The location of a socket endpoint, in some domain.
- convenient logging methods around the glib mechanism
- How to debug your program
Runtime Toggled Debug Logging
- methods to quickly turn logging on and off for portions of GSK.